Children are such a...


Blessing from the Lord. In today's culture of me-centerdness (is that a word?), children are often looked upon as a hindrance or annoyance. I remember when my wife and I first discovered that we were going to have a baby. We were in seminary, living on the thread of a shoe-string budget, crying when financial surprises came up, and the news that our first child would be on the way hit us like a load of bricks. I remember not knowing what to think. Honestly, some of my first thoughts were how this child would slow down our seminary career and plans for the future and even worse, I would have to get a full-time job to support my dependant family!


It is true that I have had to sacrifice some things over the years that I pursued as worthy goals, but the blessing of having little ones running around our house far outweighs the option of chosen silence. I say chosen silence because many couples desire to have babies but cannot for various reasons. However, many couples choose not to have children because they tend to "ruin" plans.


We found out last weekend that we are expecting our third child. Our house is too small, my salary is not enough, and my time is stretched even further. However, the Lord is good and has sovereignly blessed us with another child. Praise be to you our Lord.


0 Responses